Apparently you really can learn something from anywhere. Like even in a study room. And I'm not talking about study. ;)
So what happened was, I was in the study room studying with Jie Chao. We were using seperate tables cause I didn't want to disturb Chao's beauty sleep (hehheh). Then the door opens, and in comes this girl that I keep bumping into recently. She always wears this blue shirt, and that's why I call her Blue. And she's really umm. How do I say it without sounding like a perv. Cute? Hahah. I said it.
So anyway I first saw her last Sunday and since then, practically everytime I go down to the study room to study, I'll bump into her. Well the door opening and closing shut woke Chao up and I turned and saw her.
Well there wasn't any tables left for her to use. There are only 2 study tables in the room. So she had to sit at the couch and use the 'shorter' table there. Well I decided to stand up and let the lady use the table. I pack my notes and whatnot up, and leave the table and meekly go back to Chao's table.
Now here's the part that's really eating at me. I shoulda offered the seat to her. Instead I just walked to the other table and sat down. Well she got the hint and she moved to the table. Chao told her that she could use that table, and that was that. Oh and he got a really nice smile from her too. ARGHHHHHHH. Later during our tea break, he was freaking scolding me for not saying anything to her and stuff. And that I was the one who 'offered' the seat and table, but he was the one who got the smile. Frickonastick!
So I told myself, that man, I shan't let that happen again. Shan't leave myself in a situation where I really want to kick myself again. NEVER!
Few hours later she started packing her stuff to leave the room. As she was leaving, she turned back and smiled at Chao (who was looking at her leave, and thus when she turned back to smile he was like caught redhanded. And when she smiled, I think I saw him sorta die for a moment). By that time I was sitting on the couch (yeah I move around alot), which is on the way to the door. When I saw Chao's reaction I sorta chuckled silently. Then she turned to look at me, and sorta caught me looking at her, but shiat man, I looked down and pretended to be studying. WHAT THE HELL!!!!! ARGGHHH. Moment she left I started kicking myself really hard. Again. I denied myself the chance to say 'Bye' or smile or whatever! Man it felt really bad afterwords.
Ok here's the thing. I have this problem. I'm totally shy when it comes to girls that I may be attracted to but who I don't know personally. Once I'm familiar with the person and all, it's like there's no problem, can totally communicate and stuff (though I get tongue tied quite a bit still).
But what's wrong with just smiling or anything? In the end I think it looked more like I was unfriendly or acting 'dao' in retrospect. Which isn't the case at all. I was just too shy to look directly AT her.
That's when I started barraging Jie Chao with all my scientific questions about how does he smile so easily (I don't smile by nature. I just don't.) Like if I see her entering the place again, I know I should like smile in acknowledgement since we keep seeing each other. But how do you do it? Smile and wait for her to see me, or wait for her to see me first then smile. Do I add a little wave? Half smile? Full Smile? Full Smile with teeth? Sideway grin? So many questions. Poor Chao he had to put up with my incessant whining and needling. He got TWO smiles. All I was a half smile (She was turning back after smiling at Chao) which I was too afraid to even see fully. But seriously her smile is really... enchanting. Like it could make your whole dreary day seem brighter.
Ok I shall go back and meditate upon what I've learnt. I need to learn to smile.
Music Trivia: I've added "Groovy kind of love" by Phil Collins in my music list. Listen to it! I remember this song as part of this super old CD I got when I was like 6 years old because it had the Top Gun song "take my breathe away" in it (I think the title of the cd was Love Songs from the Movies"). And the reason I added this was because me and chao were discussing what possible songs I could put on which had the word Blue in it that I could use. He was thinking of songs sung by Blue. I was thinking of this song straight away! Haha enjoy. It's totally sappy.
PS: Any responses please put as a reply rather than on the shoutbox. I don't wanna lose the comments. whahah.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hahz.. wah.. give chance la.. i keep seeing my name can... heh,, it's ok thou, I GOT THE SMILES.. MUAHAHAH
haha.. hey.. looks like there's one more thing to add to your 'to=do-before-you-die'list..
LEARN TO SMILE..
lolololol..
Post a Comment